Monday 7 May 2007

May Day Madness & Forgotten Journals

Today there was a May Day event at Rejects Department Store in Kirkcaldy (not too far from us), they had all kind of things going on including things for the children to do, so my mum kindly offered to take us. I have to say that Rejects is a wonderful place because it has so much 'stuff' - in fact it is a veritable Aladdin's Cave! It has many and varied departments including fabric, haberdashery, craft, garden, kitchen, curtain and furnishing fabrics... and so on. And, most importantly, a cafe for a well needed cup of tea and a sit down! Most of our time was spent searching for clues for a treasure hunt, waiting in very long queues for face painting and balloon modelling, and desperately trying to locate a seat in the aforementioned cafe!! Mum did however manage to get a few things for her handbag project. Here are the results of the experience...

A slightly smudged Adam (fell asleep on way home - aaahhhh) complete with alien hat and balloon scythe - bit of a grim reaper theme going on here!

And a loveable tiger faced Lucy with her balloon extravaganza! Being fired with energy after his sleep in the car, Adam decided it was time to get out his 'horrible experiments' kit and made this horrible green stuff - it's called 'super snot' apparently!

Whilst browsing Purple Missus' blog regarding Journal making, I was reminded of all the ones I had made and taken part in recent years. Last year I started an Art Journal which was fun and I also took part in some Circle Journals with some other ladies, and some were more like a cross between an album and journal, like one I made for Christmas 2005. Here is a photo of some lined up on the bookshelf (some needing some spine decoration still!).

Here are some of them displayed so you can see the fronts of them. The one with all the little squares on the front is the Art Journal, unfortunately the camera flash has blanked out some of the little pics. Looking through them just makes me want to get into them again and do some more - isn't that always the way? I guess I will just have to wait until I have more time and then, who knows...

3 comments:

Angel Jem said...

Love the journals.. I suppose you could tie them into Henry V if you had too, you know, recording ordinary lives & all that... and a good day was had by all!

FARBTUPFER said...

Wonderful journals - you have been very busy, well done!

Dianne said...

These look fantastic - I would love to look through them all!!