Wednesday 20 June 2007

Catching Up

It's been a busy old time around here lately. Here is a quite photo 'catch up' of what's been happening;
Miss Lucy had her ballet performance in Snow White on stage at Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline. The last time she did a show two years ago she had two dances - tap and ballet, but this year she only did ballet. So, there was a lot of waiting around...
and trying to remain focused - as you can see!
She puts on a brave face that girl - we had to wait for two hours before she got onto the stage as her dance was right at the end of the show.
Then Mr Adam had his first school Sports Day on Monday afternoon. They had a pirate theme and his team were Captain Barbosa. Adam absolutely loved it and the weather was fantastic (for once) - and just to add the icing to the cake as it were, his team came first! Hurrah! Well done Adam.
Here he is mid leap!


Speaking of icing (sorry!), here is the rather garish cake I made for mum's birthday. Her birthday was the same day as my OU exam so she got her cake a few days later. I think I am done with the 'cookie cutter' style of decoration now!

Just one more cake - honest! This is the cake that Miss Lucy made for her dad on Father's Day. We called it the 2cm cake because that is how thick it was! Lucy wasn't sure which cake tins to use and instead of asking me, she just decided to use the really big ones! So, the cake was a tad on the skinny side! But it tasted yummy anyway!
Well, that's about it. I've done NO crafting of any description and it's beginning to annoy me. I think my mojo has moved on!

8 comments:

AC said...

Love the photos of the children they look as if they are having a great time.
Great cakes!
Take care,
Alison x

Everything Stops for Tea said...

Naughty mojo - bad mojo. I think it might have taken mine with it too!!! (perhaps its the weather!!!)

That is such a cool cake!

Kate North said...

My DD2 decided to give up ballet a few years ago, so we no longer get to go to the shows. I can't say I'm entirely devastated - mine was never particularly brilliant, but at least we had the parental pride thing going while watching her, but the parts where you have to sit through everyone else's kids (most of whom I didn't know) doing average ballet, well, let's just say I wasn't entirely devastated...

Dianne said...

Miss Lucy is very prety in her ballet outfit, and well done Mr Adam. Great cakes!!

Alis Clair said...

These show biz types have to have lots of patience don't they?
She looks lovely in her costume.

Adam looks like he had a great day too.

Love the cakes. YUM!

Jacqui said...

You have been tagged.

8 funny anecdotes or factoids about yourself.

Your daughter looks beautiful in her little outfit. Emily still loves seeing the video of her little chorus dance and she is nearly 18 now.

david mcmahon said...

Love the way she remained focussed!

And can I please have a cake tin like that!

Cheers

David

campbellgirl said...

Go Adam! And what a ham that Lucy is! Very pretty ham too, in her costume.
My first solo baking experience - I tried softening some butter on the stove, in a plastic bowl. Duh!
The cakes are both lovely. xxx Diane