Sunday 3 June 2007

More Journal Pages

Here are another couple of pages from the Art Journal. This one was about books - you'd never have guessed eh? I can't remember how I did the background but there is a circle of handwriting which I overlaid with a printed acetate. I had made a pattern of text going round in a circle and then printed onto the acetate using the computer. It's not my favourite colourwise, but I was pleased to get the acetate printing right!



This one was probably my favourite - I just liked the colours probably! This one was probably gessoed first then had the image added, then smeared in some areas with vaseline, then painted over with acrylic (or acrylic mixed with gesso) and when dryish rubbed with a kitchen towel so that where the vaseline was, bits rub off and give a nice patchy effect. As you can see there was a bit of stamping with foam/rubber alphabet stamps - not sure at what stage this happened though. I can't recall the theme for this one but it may have been a word association type thing.

9 comments:

Micki said...

Just found your blog, love all of your journal pages. They are really great.

Dianne said...

That's my favourite one too!! Great colour and love how it's rubbed off in areas.

Alis Clair said...

They are both great. The colours are so different. I would normally go for the second one too - my colours - but something about the first one keeps drawing me back. I think it is the shape.
Great work.

AC said...

These are so creative. Did each one take long to complete?
Alison x

Purple Missus said...

These journal pages are amazing. I do believe you are teasing us just showing a few at a time ;)

Everything Stops for Tea said...

They are great!!

Carol said...

Ooooh! These are gorgeous. I love both of them.

Digitalgran said...

I have just found your blog too and have thoroughly enjoyed my first visit. Thanks for leaving a comment about my friend Dawn's work. She was a lovley lady too.

Janet said...

I love your journal pages! I've been trying to get up my nerve to try making an art journal and this really gives me inspiration.