Enough of that. Yesterday I did a bit of sewing and made a couple of little fun projects. I wanted to make something out of the experimental 'bits' I made with the embellisher. This journal cover was made from commercial felt cut into strips and woven and then went over it all with the embellisher. Then I added some shapes and flowers made with the embellisher and some bits of fibres. I wasn't all that keen on it so I sewed lines of flower and leaf patterns with my sewing machine. Then I lined it, satin stitched the edges, made some cord for it (with some nice beads added to cords and large flower) and that was that. It is actually quite a nice colour combination but my photo has made it somewhat lurid. I tried to photograph it all ways, but it still came out like this - but at least you get the idea - it was fun!
I had similar problems with this photo. Same sort of idea with the woven felt but this has also red net over the top and some hand stitching of hearts on the orange bits and a nice felted flower. It is lined and has a little press stud to close. This is pretty bright in real life!